Monday, May 23, 2011

A Charmed Life

Just a quick thought I had this morning when I woke up!

Some people live what I like to think of as "A Charmed Life". Surprisingly it's got less to do with how much money they have than you might think! Now, don't get me wrong, that doesn't hurt, but it's not what I'm talking about! There are just some people who seem to have their shit together! Moreso than me at least...which isn't saying a whole lot at the moment. But what exactly am I rambling about? Well, let's break it down.

I have friends who seemingly always knew what they were going to do "when they grew up". Friends who got to college already knowing that they were going to become educators or junior executive types or doctors or guys who work for NASCAR and ESPN. They had a plan! And other friends got to college, got a degree and somewhere along the line discovered a particular passion. Like my friend who got a degree in Music Education and is now very happy as a firefighter! Hobbies turn into professions pretty quick too... like being a sports photographer! But one thing seems to tie all of these people together...one thing which I don't seem to have (as of yet), and that's "Passion"!  I just don't have that!

I'd love to be famous for absolutely nothing...unfortunately I'm not pretty enough to be on a reality t.v. show! So I suppose it would serve me well to be good at something. But that's the thing isn't it!?! I don't have the foggiest idea what that something might be. So here I am, whiling away my time writing random blog posts, and compulsively tweeting and watching all the t.v. there is to be seen in the world... and I don't know what I want to do. For example, I've had this story rattling around in my head for years, but I can't bring myself to put words on paper! (Those pesky first words...What would the first note of your Magnum Opus be?)  I've got certain marketable skills (I think...I might be wrong) but, best case scenario... I don't know how to market them or in what field to apply them. I don't have a "family business" to step into or a "life-long dream" to follow.

Now, lest I give you the impression that this is a pity party of a post (where could I market a skill for alliteration... an Ad Agency maybe? I could do the Mad Men thing...where's my time machine!?), what I'm driving at is this: If you've got something in your life that you're trying to accomplish, a dream to chase, or a plan to execute, or even a hobby that you're passionate about, you are leading a charmed life! Good for you! Seriously! And if you're like me, searching for something to make it all worth while... I suppose you can join me and keep searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment