Monday, April 16, 2012

Are You Really A BBW

If anything you are about to read offends you, I sincerely do not care! This simply must be said and I refuse to apologize! Sensitivity is the enemy of honesty! And on this subject, we are in dire need of honesty. Ladies! We need to seriously address the meaning of "Big Beautiful Woman"! If you've ever looked at the Personals section of the Classified Ads or on craigslist, you know that there seem to be a lot of BBWs out there in the world looking for love... or even just a quick hookup! But let us ask ourselves if "BBW" is an honest self description... particularly if you have or are planning on using it!


Now let's be clear, I'm not bashing big girls! I have no problem with a big girl thinking of herself as beautiful! Truth be told, as often as not, they are good lookin'! Of course, that previous sentence is a universal truth of women from every culture, of every color, or any size! Let's face this fact also. As a man, objectively assessing the aesthetic appeal of women boils down whether or not I would have sex with her. Setting aside the issue of me being just this side of desperate, I like to think of myself as being capable of that kind of objectivity! And in my objective opinion, there are skinny women who I'd have sex with and skinny women I wouldn't spend five minutes with if I could help it! The same applies to curvy girls, thick chicks, big girls, and even fatties! I saw one of those captioned photos one time that said something along the lines of "Gigantic Tits: God's consolation prize to fat girls." And while beauty isn't defined solely by tits and ass... you've got to admit, they are an asset found in abundance among big girls! "Their cups runneth over", if you will! But as I said, that can't be the sole determining factor of whether or not a "BBW" can call herself beautiful. I assert that a pretty face is just as important! And if I'm objectively assessing the beauty of self-professed BBWs, there is a disturbingly high number of women who look like they fell from the top of the ugly tree and hit every branch face first on the way down! I'm all for self confidence, and being comfortable in your own skin and all that jazz, but not at the expense of honesty!


We live in a society that tries so hard to drill self esteem into us from a young age that I fear it has eroded our ability to tell the truth about ourselves. This is the essence of my problem with the term, "BBW". Let's look at it like this. Brad Pitt is handsome, Blair Underwood is handsome, Adrian Brody is a weird looking motherfucker. If you're wondering how I would describe myself, I'd probably say something like, "I'm not bad lookin'!" Ridiculously Photogenic Guy I am not! I recognize my flaws! That doesn't mean I'm going to call myself a fat, ugly, crooked toothed dump! But I'm also not going to go around with the attitude that I am the best looking man in the world. You can be a big woman. At the same time you can be a smart woman, and a good woman, and a strong woman, and yes, even a beautiful woman. But it seems to me that more often than not, a woman who would describe herself as a "BBW" thinks she's beautiful because she's big. Now, if that doesn't apply to you, you really shouldn't be at all offended by anything you've read so far, because that is the specific group that irked me enough to prompt this (somewhat stream of consciousness) diatribe. So can we all just agree that being big doesn't automatically make you a Big Beautiful Woman!? And if we're honest with ourselves, are you really a BBW?


No comments:

Post a Comment